Friday, September 7, 2012

Final retrieval

When I started writing this blog back in 2009 it was mainly motivated by the changes I was observing in my life and the people around me. I moved to Barcelona with the aim to develop and expand the horizons while meeting new cultures and facing the ongoing challenges in the world economy. I think one of the best things is that my english communication skills have improved a lot since then, which is good for such a spaniard like me!

People who know me well are aware of my levels of geekery (nerdiness?) in relation to my fields of interest: the biggest ones are obviously Audio, Music and Video Games. I think they were mainly provoked by my first contact with computers in the early childhood and the following years of learning, getting my hands dirty on blogs, more blogs, magazines, games, books and uncountable ... software together with the people that crossed my path. All of that produced some of the research, contributions, experiments and ventures I am very proud of.

If I had to talk about the learnings in these last few years, I would point out three ideas here:
  • Embrace change.
  • Don't give up.
  • Think positively.

Walking this path hasn't been easy by no means, but it has brought me the amazing chance to talk and collaborate with some of the best people in software, research, games and audio.

As a recent example, I started helping out with the administration of the Procedural Audio Forum together with Nicolas Fournel. It is a place where we can all discuss and hopefully help shape the sound design and procedural audio technologies in games, film, animation and digital media. If you are interested in the field, feel free to join the discussions!

Some big news for me are that I recently moved to Manchester (UK) to work on new projects and IP for the R&D division of Music Group as Software Engineer. It is a well known company in the Audio and Pro-Audio industry that designs and builds products under the brands MIDAS consoles, Klark Teknik and Behringer. A talented and experienced team with lots of fun and stuff to learn from!

There is also a new blog on the works. This time I will be mostly focusing on technical articles, some personal research, code and technology discoveries. Follow me on Twitter for updates at @JGarciaMartin

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment